Dallas Immigration Lawyer

  1. Home
  2.  → 
  3. Immigration
  4.  → Fiance and Spousal Visas

Legal Assistance With Fiance And Spousal Visas

The government allows specific visas for fiances and spouses of United States citizens to enter the country for a period of time in which the couple can marry.

A well-documented petition for a fiancé or spousal visa will generally take about nine months, requiring many forms and specific filings. The length of the process depends on many variables, however, including the work flow of the government. Working with a skilled immigration attorney will minimize the amount of time it takes to complete this process and successfully gain the visa.

Your Guides For Every Step Of The Process

At the Law Office of Irene G. Mugambi, P.C., we are committed to providing skilled and efficient representation throughout these petition processes. Our attorneys and staff are highly skilled in helping clients assemble the forms, evidence and other documentation needed to complete a successful petition.

K-1 Visas

The K-1 visa allows the fiancé of a United States citizen to enter the country and grants 90 days in which the two can be married. At this point, the couple may petition for a conditional green card for the immigrating spouse. This temporary green card will allow him or her to remain in the country for two years as the spouse of the citizen. During this two-year period, the couple must assemble evidence to show that the marriage occurred in good faith and not fraudulently.

K-2 Visas

The K-2 visa allows children of the fiancé to enter the country with the parent and remain during the same period of time that the parent is allowed. After the 90 days, the couple can also petition for a conditional green card for the child.

Special Immigrant Visas

Petitions are available for widow visas which will allow an individual to enter the country without a financial sponsor if his or her spouse passed away while the visa was being processed. These are also referred to as special immigrant visas.

Contact Us To Learn About Your Immigration Options

To learn more about the specific visas and options available to fiances and spouses of U.S. citizens, please call a lawyer at our law firm at 214-504-1137. You may also contact us online.